Sunday, September 18, 2016

Aloha Shirt

Saturday, September 17, 2016


I got my first Hawaiian or aloha shirt way back in high school. It was for some kind of school spirit week something or other where one day you had to wear a Hawaiian shirt and so I picked one up at Ragstock. I believe I had a chance to wear it on another occasion or two. 




Long after that shirt disappeared I found myself wanting another one for a luau in Hawaii. My brother was getting married there back in 2001 and he had invited us all to a very large ticketed luau to attend while visiting. It was great fun. Dale, my brothers, and I believe even my dad picked up aloha shirts in the hotel gift store for the event. I've looked for that shirt lately but it seems to have disappeared.




In the absence of finding that one I decided to get a new one just for the heck of it. I ordered it through a company that sells through Amazon and it just arrived the other day. I think it looks pretty good. Dale even complimented me on it (see top photo). I might just have to get another one...


No comments:

Post a Comment