Sunday, April 19, 2026
Found a tiki bar on the Canal called the Tipsy Tiki.
Disappointing in that it turned out to be a really loud sports bar with just a few Polynesian drinks. There was a basketball game on the televisions and the bar was packed with people watching it. However, on the plus side, they had a large amount of outdoor seating and it all overlooked the canal. We found a couple seats and really enjoyed watching the boats go by.
I ordered a Painkiller and Dale ordered a beer. We also got some chips and guac. Despite my reservations about the place's authenticity as a tiki bar and the noise I have to say the lovely weather and the charm of being on a canal made up for it. Once the game was over the place thinned out and got more quiet.
The Painkiller I ordered was actually pretty well made. For my second drink I got a Mai Tai which was actually disappointing. It was over-sweet and syrupy.
After the game was over a younger couple sat next to us. They were quite friendly and we had a nice chat with them. She was vivacious and talkative and quite delightful. He was very charming in a more subdued way. They really complimented each other.
In short the place didn't quite measure up as a tiki bar but it was still quite enjoyable to be there. The service was incredibly friendly, the atmophere was incredible and the vibe was great.








No comments:
Post a Comment