Saturday, April 29, 2017

Ray Conniff's Hawaiian Album

I've been listening to this album by Ray Conniff for the past couple nights. It dates to 1967.

Word is that Mr. Conniff wrote all the arrangements for the album during a two-week stay at the Kauai Surf Hotel. He was shown by Hawaiians how to strum the uke and also how to sing the songs in their own way.  Ray said, "It was the most enjoyable two weeks work I've ever done in my career."  (Source: rayconniff.info)

Track Listings:

  1.  The Hukilau Song
  2.  Blue Hawaii
  3.  Pearly Shells
  4.  To You Sweetheart, Aloha
  5.  One Paddle Two Paddle
  6.  Beyond the Reef
  7.  The Hawaiian Wedding Song
  8.  My Little Grass Shack In Kealakekua, Hawaii
  9.  Sweet Leilani
10.  Tiny Bubbles
11.  I Wish They Didn't Mean Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment