Sunday, August 13, 2017

Recent Birthday at Psycho Suzi's

So glad to celebrate my recent birthday at Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge with Dale. We got there shortly before 5 and were able to score a table on their most awesome patio deck which overlooks the Mississippi River. Before 5 p.m. it's seat yourself on the patio however after this time you need to see the hostess.

We settled in and ordered drinks. Dale got a Pabst Blue Ribbon and I went with one of my favorites, the Psychotic Suzi. I tried getting a selfie of myself with my cocktail but Dale kept messing with me.

For an appetizer we ordered the poutine tots which the menu describes as "house sausage gravy served over tater tots with Nordeast Minneapolis made cheese." So satisfying. 

For dinner we got the Hawaiian Surf pizza. For dessert Dale  ordered coffee but I went ahead and got the Fu Manchu which has a little coffee in it.


Now, on my last visit to Suzi's I discovered that they have a dock. You follow a little path out behind the restaurant down to the river bank. It's really more of just a landing as there is no actually dock in sight. There were a couple of kayaks beached on the shore. I saw the people in them paddle up just before we left our table. 

This was a wonderfully enjoyable, laid back birthday with just Dale and myself. Equally as fun but quite a contrast to my birthday last year which involved a few more people.




**********


No comments:

Post a Comment