Friday, March 29, 2019

Lucky Cricket 2 for 2019 - Drinks and Mugs

Saturday, March 16, 2019


I started the evening with a Jet Pilot which the menu describes as: "Strong and bracing. Rums, falernum, cinnamon, grapefruit, lime, and bitters." Brandon started out with a Cherry Zinger which the menu describes as: "Frozen. Bright and refreshing. Local vodka with cherry, almond, lime, and secret bitters." It came in the Derek Yaniger  designed Kava Kava Man tiki mug pictured above. I ordered it as my second drink. I found it to be somewhat tangy which was nice as drinks of this nature in the tiki world can sometimes be over-sweet. So far I've had good luck with Lucky Cricket's tiki drinks!



The website describes the mug as follows Kava Kava Man tiki mug as follows: "Derek's take on the Kava Kava Man will bring a whimsical splash of FUN to your tiki mug collection. Featuring a stylized famished Kava Kava Man perched on a bed of lava rocks with a grimacing expression, he's seen better days. Dig the "Siamese Birdmen" on the reverse! Measuring 8" in height and has a 17 fluid ounce capacity."

Lucky Cricket offers mugs for sale and I found the one shown above to be so irresistible that I bought it and made it mine. This particular mug is called The Mystic by Joe Vitale. Lucky Cricket's website says, "The primary influence for 'The Mystic' was Joe Vitale's 2002 'I Dream of Tiki' mug. What you see here is a beautifully stylized tiki and in a wonderful glaze to boot! This design has a unique, creative vibe as well. The Mystic is 8" tall and has a 20 oz. capacity." I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment