Thursday, March 26, 2020

Quarantiki - Floridita Daiquiri

Wednesday, March 26, 2020


The drink from Shannon Mustipher's book I chose to make is the Floridity Daiquiri. Now I've never made a daiquiri before and if I've ever had one it was a long time ago. Anyway, this one seemed pretty simple to put together. It calls for 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice, 1 bar spoon granulated sugar, and 2 ounces aged white rum. 


I upped the lime juice to one full ounce, used a tablespoon of bakers sugar, and added 1 extra ounce of the aged white rum (I used Diplomatico Planas - recommended by Mustipher).


The end result was simply fantastic. I can't believe something that simple could be that good! The rum was great, the sugar added a certain effervescence, and the fresh lime juice added a wonderful sharpness and tang to the whole thing!


This is one I'm definitely gonna make again!




No comments:

Post a Comment