Saturday, April 25, 2020

Quarantiki - Jungle Bird

Wednesday, April 22, 2020




I tried a new one tonight - the Jungle Bird which was crafted by rum expert Shannon Mustipher. This gem contains pot still Jamaican rum (I used Hamilton, which was recommended in the recipe), Campari (liqueur from the infusion of herbs and fruit - I've never used before), pineapple juice, and fresh lime juice. I mixed it as precisely as I could to the exact measurements in the recipe and the result was quite splendid. Dale, who's not a fan of hard liquor or mixed drinks, took a sip and even he liked it. To him tropical cocktails taste over-sweet but this one had a sharpness and bite to it that really counteracted the sweetness.  





Warmish and sunny evening. Dale and I sat on the porch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment