Saturday, July 31, 2021

The Big Kahuna Bash 2021 - Group Art Show

Saturday, July 31, 2021

This year's art show at the Big Kahuna Bash featured artists Coop, Big Toe, Tiki Bosko, Derek, and more. I was really interested in a piece by Big Toe (shown middle in the above photo) and would've bought it but the guy doing the sales was never in the room long enough for me to do so. I gave up. Oh well, maybe next year. By the way, Dale was really taken with the pieces by Derek. 



However I did pick up the official Grumpy's Big Kahuna Tiki Mug by Shag. There was the option of green or blue (I went with blue). The first two images in the above photo show the front and the back of the blue one. 

Above is a computer rendering of the mug showing multiple angles which was posted by Shag on his Instagram page. 

Here's are cartoon version of the mug by Shag.

And here is the one I bought. I believe only 100 of them were made. Supposedly there's one already on eBay going for $800.

While waiting to buy a Diet Coke at the bar a guy next to me saw me with my boxed mug and said, "Oh, good for you. You got one!" I told him I was jazzed about it. He said, "You know, Shag didn't make that. He just drew it. Someone else made the mug. I went to Shag and told him that and Shag told me that Frank Lloyd Wright just drew his buildings. He didn't make them." I said, "He's not wrong." He responded, "Yeah, I got owned." Sure enough. Don't mess with Shag. 







No comments:

Post a Comment