Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Birthday Week Tiki Tuesday - Joe's Signature Tiki Cocktail

Tuesday, August 14, 2018


Yes, I realize I'm really dragging this birthday thing out by making my birthday weekend into a birthday week but I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm trying to create my own signature tiki cocktail and here is one attempt. It's a version of the hula hula cocktail from Jeff "Beachbum" Berry. In my version I use the the same ingredients as the hula hula cocktail but instead of shaking on ice and straining, I mix the three ingredients in a glass (in this case one of my favorite tiki mugs, see above), add ice and top with tonic water. It's really not bad - very refreshing. As I continue to experiment I think I may try ginger ale next time.

Also, Julie and Regina took Dale and me to see The Meg on Sunday afternoon. It was a lot of fun. Afterward we went to Parkway Pizza and I had a Hawaiian pizza. Today I ate the leftovers. Parkway has amazing pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment