Saturday, July 27, 2019

Big Kahuna Bash at Grumpy's in Roseville

Saturday, July 27, 2019


This afternoon Dale and I checked out the Big Kahuna Bash at Grumpy's in Roseville. We had quite a great time. We started out with dinner in the restaurant. 


Dale started with a beer.


The Tilted Tiki in Stillwater did the tiki drinks for the event. I started with The Surfin' Bird which the menu described as: "A wave of exotic flavors in dark rum, herbs, fresh pineapple and lime juices. Named after the Minnesota Surf Legends - The Trashmen!" Very tasty.


For my second drink I went with the Big Kahuna which the menu described as: "The big, bold tiki favorite. A tasty blend of rum, citrus, honey and passion fruit!" A little too sweet for my taste. Odd because the Tilted Tiki's drinks are generally really well made and NOT over-sweet. I'm wondering if they did them in large batches just for this event. 


There was also a Mai-Tai on the tiki drink menu which I didn't have a chance to try. For dinner Dale had the Impossible Burger which was actually meatless. He loved it and said it would  have otherwise fooled him! I went with the Bangkok Chicken Sammy. It was a chicken sandwich with BBQ sauce and pineapple. Very yummy. Shag walked by our booth as we were eating and I said hello. 

Hot Pastrami

After dinner we had a chance to walk around and check things out. We listened to the band Hot Pastrami play. They were quite fun.


Works by Shag on display upstairs at Grumpy's

Shag was the host of the whole event and had an art show going on upstairs. 


Out side we found the vendor's booths so I had a chance to shop for souvenirs. Dale caught me looking around The Black Lagoon's Room's booth in the above photo.



After my shopping I took this photo of Dale with some images by Shag in the patio windows. He mentioned to me a few different times during our visit what a good time he was having. I'm glad!



I brought home some souvenirs including a pint glass and also two enamel pins by Artis Pete Klockau of Milwaukee, Wisconsin whom I follow on Instagram as The  Black Lagoon Room. The pin on the right is also shown below. 



This pin was designed exclusively for The Big Kahuna Bash and only 100 were made!



I also picked up a couple of posters. One looks just like the image above but without the date across it. 



I also picked up this poster as well. 



The folks from The Black Lagoon Room. Such friendly folks! Photo not mine but from Instagram.



The Black Lagoon Room's wares. Photo also from Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment