Friday, August 4, 2023

Big Kahuna Bash 5 - Part 2

Saturday, July 29, 2023


Usually Dale and I go in the later afternoon and stay into the evening. However, due to Sam, Becky, and the boys being in town we've got dinner plans this evening. 


For my first drink I got the Surfing' Bird. It's named after the song by the Trashmen, a Minnesota classic surf band. It was made from rum, M & R bitters, fresh pineapple juice, lime, and simple syrup. It was delicious. Dale got a Coors Light. We sat down outside and were joined by a couple named John and Dawn. They were very nice and we shared some travel and tiki stories. John got the Big Kahuna to drink which was made with dark rum, citrus, honey, and passion fruit. John said the bartender told him there was also tea in it. He didn't seem to like it very much. 

Next Dale and I checked out the vendors. There was a lot to see. 

I picked up a couple of lowball glasses from the Black Lagoon Room. I find them to be pretty groovy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment