Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend 2018 - Tiki Cocktail Contemplation

Saturday, May 26, 2018

I know I look like I'm asleep in this photo but I'm not. I'm checking out the drink recipe from the Smuggler's Cove book that I'm planning to make this weekend. I love this book! Not only is it an extensive drink recipe book it's also an incredibly complete comprehensive overview of tiki culture in the United States. To me, the making of tiki cocktails seems to be a pretty fussy affair what with having to squeeze three different types of fruit juices, making your own syrup or two, and having to blend three different kinds of rum for a typical tiki cocktail. I'm just not that patient. However, someone I follow on Instagram has inspired me to try the Barbados Rum Punch. It's fairly simple compared to many of the recipes so my goal is to make it before Memorial Day weekend is over!

Dale posted the above picture on Instagram with the following caption:

"It's at least 90 degrees but sitting in the shade having cocktails is not a bad way to deal with it. Joe is reading up on tiki drink recipes. He really should stop teaching and open a tiki bar."

No comments:

Post a Comment